With summer looming ahead of us and the heat bearing down, our air conditioners are in full force. That being said, it is very important to maintain a happy, healthy life for your A/C unit! The happier and healthier, the longer life it’ll have! We have organized a brief check-list below of things to keep in mind when caring for your air conditioner!
- Have a go-to HVAC company. Accidents happen; repairs happen. When they happen, reduce some of the stress of figuring out who to call by already having a technician on hand.
- Check out your HVAC filters at least once a month. These can build up with dirt and dust quickly so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on them. This is especially important if you or your family members have allergies.
- If you see standing water by the intake vents, call HVAC technician to come take a look; this can be the result of a larger issue.
- Have a professional inspect your system at least once a year! It’s almost like getting a physical at the doctor—when you go, there may not be anything noticeably wrong but the doctor still checks your eyes, ears, etc. to be sure. It’s the same for your HVAC system. The technician will perform an inspection to check that things are running smoothly and to ensure your system is in good health.
- Placing your A/C unit in a shady, well ventilated location helps improve efficiency. Is your air conditioner in direct sunlight? Try planting a tree nearby so it will eventually have shade.
Hopefully this can serve as a basic guide to making your A/C happy and healthy! As always, please contact an HVAC professional with any questions, concerns, or to schedule a service. Gulf Coast Air Systems can be reached at (813) 708-9912.