Learn more about our NATE certified Tampa AC repair technicians.
Meet Gulf Coast Air System’s incredible Tampa AC repair staff!
Bob was born in Michigan and is a graduate of Western Michigan University. He has degrees in both marketing and mechanical engineering.
In the 1970’s, he worked for the General Electric Co. central AC department in application engineering, product planning, and equipment sales.
In 1981, he became a co-founder of Gulf Coast Air Systems, eventually becoming the sole owner in 1985. Gulf Coast Air has grown a lot since then, installing more than 53,000 Tampa AC systems and performing over 225,000 service calls. The company performs both residential and commercial work. Additionally, they specialize in undertaking the “hard to air condition” job.
Bob’s professional accomplishments include:
- Past President of RACCA (Refrigeration Air Conditioning Contractors Association)
- RACCA presents a yearly award for the “Outstanding Contractor of the Year”, the C. J. Dillard award. Bob has been the recipient four times: in 1992, 1996, 2001, and 2005
- President of FRACCA (Florida RACCA) the state contractor’s association for two terms
- In conjunction with FRACCA, Bob teaches CEU (Continuing Education Units) courses statewide on all subjects concerning air conditioning, code compliance, and application of equipment
- Conducts CEU classes for FAPMGI (Florida Association of Plumbing, Gas and Mechanical Inspectors) to various inspector groups statewide
- Teaches CEU classes at the BOAF (Building Officials Association of Florida) convention. Topics include the nuances of the energy code and the application of mechanical systems while effectively dehumidifying in Florida’s humid environment
- Appointed as a voting member of the Florida Building Commission (FBC) Energy Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) since 2000. He evaluates and recommends changes to the Florida Building Code to the FBC Commissioners on matters concerning energy, heating, cooling, ventilation, efficiencies, and building practices
- Contributing author of the Florida Contractors Exam. He composes new questions for the test and critiques existing questions to make sure all info is up to date
- Hillsborough County – City of Tampa Mechanical Board voting member, since 1990. He currently serves as Chairman. This board hears cases concerning contractors, inspections, and code interpretations throughout Hillsborough County
- HVAC Insider – Since 2001, Bob has written a monthly article for this publication. Its topics range from contractor’s business practice, technical energy code questions, refrigerant supply issues, and mechanical installation
Bob’s outside interests include work as a missionary in Africa, and he has served in Uganda, Zambia, Kenya and Botswana. He conducts pastor’s conferences to bring Christian training to local pastors who may not have the opportunity to travel for education elsewhere.
He is uniquely qualified to help with any Tampa AC problem from a small residence to large commercial installations. For reliable AC Repair Tampa services, Bob has you covered.
Renee became the secretary/treasurer and office manager in 1988, after a ten year banking career in Tampa. She is responsible for maintaining an efficient communication between departmental duties and customer relationships. We have a motto: “We are a family, and we treat you like family.” Renee appreciates all of our company’s customers and knows many by name and phone number. She will be happy to assist you!
Jason joined the Gulf Coast Air Systems team in January of 2011. As the commercial estimator, he leads all commercial and new custom home HVAC projects. He successfully plans, coordinates, executes, and manages an effective field construction organization by using the necessary labor, tools, and subcontractors. Jason is responsible for negotiating the best possible pricing and provides technical support to our field technicians and sales team.
Before joining the team at Gulf Coast Air Systems, Jason was an effective department sales manager with a proven track record. He is a self-motivator with high energy and excellent problem-solving skills. Currently, Jason is a student at Hillsborough Community College. Under the guidance of Bob Cochell, Jason is gaining knowledge in all areas of the HVAC industry.
Carson Pitt is from Riverview, FL. He is a Navy Veteran, loving father, and husband. Carson enjoys outdoor activities and meeting new people. He is a graduate from Florida Career College and has been in the HVAC business for one year.
Michael Hackett has been in the HVAC industry since 1999; six years in duct and equipment installation and 11 years in service, including 10 years at GCAS. Michael is Nate and NCI certified/Master Technician and has many other certifications. He is a service manager at Gulf Coast. He was born and raised in Plant City, Florida and enjoys fishing, hunting, and spending time with his three kids.
Kennith went to East Bay High (class of ’93) and graduated from HCC with an associates degree in business. He has been married for six years with three beautiful kids. He got his HVAC certification from Erwin Technical Center and has been with GCAS for 4 years.