Learn more about our NATE certified a/c repair technicians.
Born in Michigan, a graduate of Western Michigan University with degrees in Marketing and Mechanical Engineering
In the 1970’s Bob worked for the General Electric Co. central air conditioning department in Application Engineering, Product Planning and Equipment Sales
In 1981 Bob was a co-founder of Gulf Coast Air Systems Inc. (GCAS), becoming sole owner in 1985. GCAS has grown significantly since that time and has through 2012 installed more than 53,000 A/C systems and performed over 225,000 service calls. The company performs both residential and commercial work with a specialty in undertaking the “hard to air condition” job.
Bob’s professional accomplishments include:
- Past President of RACCA (Refrigeration Air Conditioning Contractors Association)
- RACCA presents a yearly award for the “Outstanding Contractor of the Year”, the C. J. Dillard award and Bob has been the recipient four times, 1992, 1996, 2001, and 2005
- President of FRACCA (Florida RACCA) the state contractor’s association for two terms
- In conjunction with FRACCA Bob teaches CEU (Continuing Education Units) courses statewide on all subjects concerning Air Conditioning, Code compliance, and application of equipment
- Conducts CEU classes for FAPMGI (Florida Association of Plumbing, Gas and Mechanical Inspectors) to various inspector groups statewide.
- Teaches CEU classes at the BOAF (Building Officials Association of Florida) convention, the nuances of the Energy Code, enforcement and application of mechanical systems to comply with Code yet effectively dehumidify in Florida’s humid environment.
- Appointed as a voting member of the Florida Building Commission (FBC) Energy Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) since 2000, evaluates and recommends changes to the Florida Building Code to the FBC Commissioners on matters concerning “Energy”, heating, cooling, ventilation, efficiencies, building practices
- Contributing author of the Florida Contractors Exam, compose new questions for the examination and critique existing questions to assure most up to date information available and format consistent with correct mechanical practice and Code compliance.
- Hillsborough County – City of Tampa Mechanical Board voting member, since 1990, currently serving as Chairman. This board hears cases concerning contractors, inspections, and Code interpretations Hillsborough Countywide.
- HVAC Insider – Since 2001, compose a monthly article for this publication circulated throughout the state of Florida with topics ranging from contractor’s business practice, technical Energy Code questions, refrigerant choice – handling – supply issues, to technical mechanical installation situations.
Outside interests include work as a missionary of the Gospel in Africa, serving in Uganda, Zambia, Kenya and Botswana he conducts Pastor’s conferences bring Christian training to the local Pastor who may not have the opportunity to travel for education elsewhere.
Bob is uniquely qualified to assist with any air conditioning problem from a small residence to large commercial installations.
Wendy joined the Gulf Coast Air Systems, Inc. family in 2004 and has been busy as a Comfort Consultant sharing her knowledge of air conditioning and heating equipment with present and future customers. She has attended numerous sales and equipment colleges sponsored by the manufacturers in order to acquaint herself with more facets of the products and air conditioning industry so that she can communicate that data with her clients. She will gladly come to your home to ascertain the correct size unit needed for your home after assessing the square footage of the home, insulation, ductwork, window treatment, etc. and will do a load calculation. You will be impressed with this mother of 5 and grandmother of 8 as she crawls through the attic to determine your unique home proposal. When she is not crawling through attics she takes pleasure in riding motorcycles with her husband, working and helping with charity events, horseback riding, traveling and spending time with family and friends.
Renee assumed the duties of Secretary/Treasurer and Office Manager in 1988 after a ten year banking career in Tampa. She is responsible for maintaining an efficient communication between departmental duties and customer relationships. We have a motto, “We are a family, and we treat you like family.” Renee appreciates all of our company’s customers, and knows many by name and address and even family history when they call. She will be happy to assist you!
Jason joined the Gulf Coast Air Systems team in January 2011. As the Commercial Estimator, he spearheads all commercial and new custom home HVAC projects by planning, coordinating, executing, maintaining and managing an effective field consturction organinzation utilizing the necessary labor, equipment, materials, tools, subcontractors, and other resources to effectively perform the scope of work within an allotted budget and time schedule. Jason is responsible for negotiating the best possible pricing and provides technical support to GCAS’ field technicians and sales team.
Before joining the team at Gulf Coast Air Systems, Jason was an efective department sales manager with a proven track record. He isa a self-motivator with high energy and excellent problem-solving skills. Currently, Jason is a student at Hillsborough Community College, pursuing his AutoCAD Foundations Certification.
Under the guidance of Robert Cochell, Jason is gaining expertise in all areas of the HVAC industry.
Carson Pitt is from Riverview, FL. He is a Navy Veteran, loving father and husband. Carson enjoys outdoor activities and meeting new people. He is a graduate from Florida Career College and has been in the HVAC business for 1 year.
Michael Hackett has been in the HVAC industry since 1999; 6 years in duct and equipment installation, 11 years in service including 10 years at GCAS. Michael is Nate and NCI certified/Master Technician and has many other certification. He is a service manager at GCAS. He was born and raised in Plant City, Florida and enjoys fishing, hunting, and spending time with his 3 kids.
Kennith went to East Bay High (class of ’93) and graduated from HCC with an associates degree in business. He has been married for 6 years with 3 beautiful kids. Kennith got his HVAC certification from Erwin Technical Center. He has been with GCAS for 4 years.
Luke Holmberg went to Newsome High and Florida Career College. He is EPA certified. Luke has been in the HVAC industry for 2 years. His hobbies include camping, kayaking, woodworking and playing the guitar.