7 Tips for Hiring a Local Heating and Cooling Contractor
There’s more than one heating and cooling contractor in the Brandon area; how do you choose the very best for the job? Here are seven tips for hiring a heating and cooling contractor you can trust.
- Do your research: Find out which HVAC contractors in the Brandon area have the proper licensing and insurance. Also, look up your current equipment’s model number and maintenance history so you can provide the contractor with this important information.
- Find out if the company is reputable: Speak with friends and neighbors about their past experiences hiring a heating and cooling contractor. You can also contact references the company provides and find out about their experiences.
- Find special offers: Coupons help make your investment more affordable. You may also be eligible for tax credits available until the end of 2013 when you purchase high-efficiency equipment.
- Look for the Energy Star: All HVAC equipment today is required to come with an EnergyGuide label. This reveals whether the equipment is Energy Star-qualified. By choosing a system with this distinction, you benefit from tremendous energy savings starting from day one.
- Expect an evaluation: Don’t trust a heating and cooling contractor who promises to deliver an estimate based on square footage and climate alone. An accurate load calculation requires information about home orientation, insulation levels, window layout, occupancy and much more.
- Get it in writing: When a heating and cooling contractor offers an estimate, ask for it in writing. Then, before work begins, make sure both parties sign a contract outlining the work to be done, a project schedule, model numbers, warranty information, and total costs associated with the installation.
- Share your experience: Tell your friends and neighbors the positive experience you had working with the company you chose to help ease their task of hiring a heating and cooling contractor in the future.
To work with a reputable contactor who can meet or exceed your expectations, please contact Gulf Coast Air Systems today. We’re the best place to turn when hiring a heating and cooling contractor in Brandon, Riverview, Plant City and the surrounding areas.