At some point during the summer season, your air conditioner may suddenly stop working. Or, the energy saver in you may want to give your system a rest since nearly 17% of the energy consumed in your home is from your cooling system. Regardless of the reason, it’s great to have a backup of how to stay cool naturally in a time of need. Below you’ll find some great tips to staying cool!
- Keeping the shades drawn during the day can decrease the heat within your home and keep it cool. So remember to close those curtains and blinds before you leave for work each day!
- Open your windows at night to let the cool evening breeze refresh your home. This is only if the temperature is cool enough for your liking.
- Is your ceiling fan running counterclockwise? Going this direction, the fan will circulate cooler air down. Switch to clockwise in the winter to push warm air down.
- Try to avoid using the stove and oven – this will only make your home warmer. Using a crock pot or rice cooker are great alternatives to heat up food or eat cold food instead.
- Stay hydrated and wear loose, light clothing! Going swimming or taking a cool shower can also help you feel more relaxed and cooled off.
It is never a good thing if you are involuntarily without air conditioning during the sweltering summer months. Hopefully these tips can be of use until your A/C can receive the necessary repair(s) it needs. Also, tips 1-4 are great for creating an energy efficient home! Gulf Coast is always here for you! If you have having any problems with your HVAC system, please do not hesitate to give us a call at (813) 708-9912.