If your AC unit has stopped working, it can be incredibly frustrating, especially if this happens during the height of summer. However, there are professionals out there who can repair your AC system for you quickly so that you can benefit from a comfortable and relaxing home once again.
The first thing that a professional will always do is get to the bottom of why your AC unit is not working as it should be! With that being said, below, we are going to take a look at five of the most common reasons why people require AC repair services.
- You have a faulty capacitor – There is only one place to begin, and this is with a bad capacitor. For those who are unaware, this is a small part that is shaped like a canister and sits just inside your exterior unit. When you turn your AC system on, the capacitor will get a large energy boost to start the motor. If this begins breaking down, as a lot of AC components do over time or as a consequence of wear, and this is when problems can begin.
- You have a damaged blower motor – The blower motor runs a fan, circulating the air that just had moisture and heat removed. It makes sure your property is less humid and a lot cooler, particularly during the summer months in Tampa.
- The coils are dirty – Dirty coils are one of the easier problems to fix, so long as you catch this issue early. However, dirty coils will not clean themselves, and so you will need to stay on top of this to make sure your system does not end up burning out.
- The air filter is clogged – The air filter is one of the most critical parts that need to be inspected on a regular basis. The filter acts as a barrier between the ductwork in your property and the outdoor air, so you need to make sure it is not clogged.
- Issues with the condensate drain line – Last but not least, one of the most common problems with air conditioning today relates to the condensate drain line. Removing humidity is critical to ensuring that your AC works as efficiently as possible. The majority of the time, condensation will go down the drain just like it is meant to. However, just like any other pipe, it can be clogged with leaves, dirt, or even ice.
So there you have it: an insight into some of the different reasons why you may need AC repair services. If you have noticed that there is a fault with your AC, the best thing to do is get in touch with our team today for more information. The sooner you get the problem fixed, the cheaper and less troublesome it is likely to be.