- Do research before the technician arrives. Get an idea of the typical price range a service visit charges. Confirm what the estimated cost is for a service visit with the HVAC company so you aren’t in the dark.
- Replacing a part with a used one. This is a definite no-no. If anything should be replaced, it should be replaced with a new part. A used part will not last long, plus it could already be damaged.
- Know your contractor. Read reviews, look into their history and track record. Are they certified, licensed, and insured? Knowing these key facts will give you a good idea of how your service visit will go.
- Get your quote in writing. This is helpful for a number of reasons. For one, it holds the HVAC technician accountable for what they are suggesting. If you are questioning the quote amount or the actual problem with your system, having the quote in writing gives you the power to look into the costs and issues yourself. If you are still doubtful of the quote amount, give other HVAC companies a call and compare prices.
- Question the details! Are you confused or have questions about something? Are there extra additions to your quote that you aren’t sure about? Do not hesitant to ask the technician! The technician should be happy to answer any questions and educate the customer about their HVAC system. Your technician may be the HVAC professional, but ultimately you are one paying for the repair service.
This list may seem daunting. Don’t worry! There are many honest, hardworking HVAC companies out there. Give us a call to schedule a service or repair appointment at (813) 708-9912.